Celaya 25, Col. Hipódromo Condesa
2 Blocks West of Metrobus Sonora
New Titles Daily
To establish: an embassy for the soul of the English-speaking world - its literature - in Mexico; an educational resource for Chilangos learning English and eager to explore the artistic reach of the language; a web-free, Kindle-less island of analog time in the digital sea; a community center for Commonwealth and American expatriates in the most exciting, vibrant and accessible city on Earth; an institution that will pay tribute to that city's magnificence with the best our native culture has to offer.
Under The Volcano Books
Col. Hipódromo Condesa
MEXICO C.P. 06100
We Need Your Help
What the store needs right now are book donations more than anything.
Your Paypal contributions are also helpful and greatly appreciated. Please consider a donation.
October 13, 2016
1. Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
2. White Teeth, by Zadie Smith
3. The Savage Detectives, by Roberto Bolaño
4. First Stop in the New World: Mexico City, Capital of the 21st Century, by David Lida
5. Under the Volcano, by Malcolm Lowry
6. Gravity’s Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon
7. Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
8. The Year of Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion
9. Collected Fictions, by Jorge Luis Borges
10. The Underground Railroad, by Colson Whitehead
We are extremely proud to present renowned local writer David Lida, who comes with his highly-acclaimed new novel (his first), One Life (Unnamed Press, Seattle) in honor of the store’s fifth anniversary.
David Lida has lived in and written about this city in two languages for over twenty years. His book about the city, Last Stop in the New World: Mexico City, Capital of the 21st Century (Riverhead Books, 2009) is widely and justifiably regarded as one of the best books written in English about Mexico.
Please join us on Tuesday, November 29th at 9:30 PM to complete our celebrations in honor of our 5th anniversary.