Celaya 25, Col. Hipódromo Condesa
2 Blocks West of Metrobus Sonora
New Titles Daily
To establish: an embassy for the soul of the English-speaking world - its literature - in Mexico; an educational resource for Chilangos learning English and eager to explore the artistic reach of the language; a web-free, Kindle-less island of analog time in the digital sea; a community center for Commonwealth and American expatriates in the most exciting, vibrant and accessible city on Earth; an institution that will pay tribute to that city's magnificence with the best our native culture has to offer.
Under The Volcano Books
Col. Hipódromo Condesa
MEXICO C.P. 06100
We Need Your Help
What the store needs right now are book donations more than anything.
Your Paypal contributions are also helpful and greatly appreciated. Please consider a donation.
October 13, 2016
1. Lolita, by Vladimir Nabokov
2. White Teeth, by Zadie Smith
3. The Savage Detectives, by Roberto Bolaño
4. First Stop in the New World: Mexico City, Capital of the 21st Century, by David Lida
5. Under the Volcano, by Malcolm Lowry
6. Gravity’s Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon
7. Between the World and Me, by Ta-Nehisi Coates
8. The Year of Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion
9. Collected Fictions, by Jorge Luis Borges
10. The Underground Railroad, by Colson Whitehead
Join us this Day of the Dead for the first of three events celebrating the store’s 5th anniversary as we welcome local author and translator Joshua Neuhouser to present his translation of ‘Rebellion in Patagonia’, a gripping account of early 20th century anarchism in Argentina.
Joining us also will be Doc Drumheller, an American poet and musician living in New Zealand, who performs Maori and other songs on the ukulele.
Wednesday, November 2nd, 6-11 PM
Under the Volcano Books, Celaya 25, Colonia Condesa
Admission free; dress for the holiday; bring ofrenda items.